If you are doing your first bikini, figure, fitness or physique competition, you have a alot to think about the week of your show. You will have waxing and tanning appointments, daily posing practice and your diet and workout plan may be a bit different. Not to mention, you will most likely be nervous! Take some worry out with this show day packing list so you don’t forget the things you will need!
Show Day Packing List
- Competition suit and other costumes (fitness)
- Many have suggested to me to have this on before I get to the venue. But, I have found this not necessary, especially if you know the order the classes will be judged in.
- Competition shoes
- Small sewing kit (needle, thread, scissors, safety pins)
- DIY tanning products if you did not use the event tanner
- Spray adhesive glue + fat popsicle sticks for application
- Resistance bands
- Dark clothing/flip flops (which you should be wearing there)
- Curling irons
- Comb/ teaser brush etc
- Hair spray or other products. Dry shampoo is a good mid day refresher.
- Rags or hand towels for wiping hands free of oil or tan
- A stack of disposable Dixie cups with holes in them
- To pee through- yes weird but you don’t want to splash on your tan! It happens and you can touch it up. I have also used hand towels placed inside of each leg to prevent splashing on my tan. Also see What to Expect on Show Day and the Not so Glam for more options.
- Cell phone
- Music player or a book for down time
- Cooler + food + drinks + timeline of what to eat when +napkins +plates/tupperware
- Clothing to wear after the show (out to eat/ after party)
- Directions to venue
- If you are traveling and staying overnight at the hotel- Old sheets to sleep on. The competition tan gets on everything!
Other things to consider:
- Extension cord
- Phone Charger
Most of the time, competitors are hanging out in hallways. Many will lay out a blanket, spread out their food, mirrors, make-up or just plain lay down and put their feet up!
Also check out:
- Cut phase 2014
- Build phase 2014
- Contest prep 2015 – Calculations and initial plan
- My weekly cut phase updates
- Competition Guide Articles